11.11.11

10/11

Today I was at Tophill yet again, for volunteering! However yet again I failed to be of much help, but that did mean I got some birding done! The day started with me getting great views of a Male Goldeneye, followed by several females, which were showing well throughout the day. I did get a picture, of the perhaps less vividly coloured female, and it is more of a record shot than anything as I used digital zoom to the max. Like most of my visits, I got yet another lifer: Y fronts (In actual fact 25 of them). I did get a picture of these in flight too, but unfortunately it's not exactly the best again. On the topic of Geese, I saw the most talked about goose of the moment (despite being plastic), the supposed 'Blue Morph Ross's Goose' (Have I got that right?). Anyway, the pictures were crap compared to most other people's so I have not included those, but I have included some of Gulls and a Grey Squirrel instead! Finally, we ended the day by taking a walk up to South Marsh East in search of the Otter which had been seen the two previous Sundays. Unfortunately, we were unlucky from that point of view, but we did still see the incoming bird flocks, and it was quite a show, especially the sound made by their wings moving in unison as they change direction, which was awesome!



Female Goldeneye


Y-Fronts



Worse for wear 1st Winter? GBB


Everyone's favourite ;-)



Awesome spectacle, even if the Otters didn't make an appearance like we'd hoped!

No comments:

Post a Comment