7.1.12

First Twitch Ever!

So today I was planning originally on spending the afternoon at Tophill, ut then my Dad finally offered to take me to Bempton so I could see the Desert Wheatear! It wasn't until we were on our way back to the visitor  centre that it finally decided to show, and it showed really well! What an beauty he was! Definitely one of the best birds I've ever seen, and a highly successful first twitch!



I do have more pics (courtesy of father), but at time of upload my computer was being annoying, so I'll add them later.

11 comments:

  1. Always good to discover new blogs. Good stuff!!
    www.halfthebirdaway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Jess!

    I've yet to see a Desert Wheatear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really are nice looking birds! You should get down to RSPB Bempton because it's still there and has been for some time! Depends if you're willing to travel for four hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No thanks. I'd rather pound my patch and find one there......hopefully in this lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome - well done Jess, pleased you got to not only see the Desert Wheatear but get some excellents pictures too. Nick T - RSPB Bempton.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Really want to come back and see it again, it was brilliant! Is it still there? Thanks for following my blog too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Careful Jess! - its a slippery slope - you've seen the kind of effects it can have on people at Tophill...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your concern Richard, lol! Don't worry without having a car and the little funds I have will make it quite hard to get too obsessive, but I'm going to make sure I never get too bad! It is always a small worry in the back of my mind though haha!

    ReplyDelete