4.9.11

04/09

So today was a packed day at Tophill. I was up really early to go to the bird ringing station, and although I'd been briefly before, I absolutely loved it, and I can't wait to go back another Sunday! I learnt so much in such a short space of time, and it was truly fascinating! Catching a Kestrel was a great added bonus!


After the excitement (I'm not being sarcastic) of the Bird Ringing, A quick stop off at South Marsh east provided a 3 Curlew Sands, 2 Ruff, and a sole Black Tailed Godwit. If only they had been closer, but still really good to see, especially the Curlew Sandpipers which were a first for me!


Anywho, next we went to do some 'work' but actually just ended up going on a wild boat ride (not exactly) through the undergrowth, the highlight being a Grass Snake coming up for a quick look at the boat before swimming away! I had no idea how amazing they look until today, having never seen one properly! (Picture to come, courtesy of Richard If he doesn't mind).


After Lunch, another interesting activity was emptying the Moth Trap, but I forgot the name of my fave catch! I do remember some other stuff though like the Square Spot Rustic, and their varying colours, and Green Carpet Moths. The Sexton beetles, also made a very colourful addition!


And that's about it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment