18.9.11

18/09

So yet again, another weekend spent at Tophill. My last weekend for a couple of weeks because I start university next week!  I was up early on Saturday to look at the moth traps, which was interesting, as I learnt a few more species, my favourite of the day being the burnished brass. The rest of the day was spent looking at Galls and Gulls, but still no Med. Highlight of the day on the gall front was a nice bright pink one, and highlights of the day bird wise were definitely the hobby, and marsh harriers.
             Today I was back at Tophill for volunteering, but the torrential rain meant we didn't get a whole load done (also down to the fact there was only two of us), and so the majority of the day was spent scouring D-res for med gulls. And I saw one, eventually! Much harder to pick out than I'd thought, but now I know exactly what to look for hopefully I'll be able to distinguish them from the black heads. Other birds were a barn owl, which we got great views of, buzzard, and eleven curlew on the way back home, and that was about it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment