11.3.12

Essex

So this weekend I went to visit my relatives in Harwich Essex. Saturday afternoon was spent at Wrabness nature reserve, on the stour estuary, somewhere I've visited since I was really little. Although our arrival didn't coincide with the low tide, which meant only a couple of Redshank on the wader front, it was still a fairly successful trip with great views of RB Merganser, however not much else. But it was the short journey there that made it awesome. We were turning the corner, and I saw a fairly big green/ yellow bird fly across the road, so after shouting for the car to be stopped, I ran back up to the road, and I'm so glad I did because I saw my first Green Woodpecker, sitting on someone's lawn, and it was awesome! Apart from that, several common buzzards on the way back, and a few curlew and oyster catcher heard on the beach at Harwich, and that's about it, but a great weekend. 


Green Woodpecker related art coming soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment